Meatloaf Cupcakes. These Meatloaf Cupcakes are fast and easy to make and are freezer friendly. These cute little meatloaf cupcakes are irresistible to kids - big and small. Keywords: healthy meatloaf, meatloaf cupcakes, Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting, turkey meatloaf, turkey meatloaf with zucchini.
After savoring these meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato "icing," you may never make meatloaf the same way again. These mini-meatloaf cupcakes cook much faster than regular meatloaf which can take up to an hour or more. They also are easier for quick freezing or defrosting, packing for lunches, or taking on-the-go. You can cook Meatloaf Cupcakes using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Cupcakes
- Prepare of the base.
- It's 1 lb of your choice of hamberger meat or minced meat..
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of chives.
- Prepare 1 of whole large egg.
- It's 1 cup of bread crumbs/crackers.
- Prepare 1/2 of House meatloaf mix.
- Prepare of toppings.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes.
- It's 1 of milk - to desired consistancy.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter or to taste.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Set oil-sprayed cupcake liners in a muffin and fill with meatloaf mixture. Smooth tops so that they are flat. These vegan mini meatloaf cups-low in calories and made with wholesome ingredients-are a I like to mix tahini into the ketchup to spread on top of the cupcakes. If you haven't tried combining tahini.
Meatloaf Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place 3 slices of bread on the rack. Wait till bread is dried out. Crumble when cool. Or buy some from your grocery store xD.
- Peel, wash and cut up potatoes while waiting on bread to toast. Put on medium heat until soft when poked with a fork..
- Mix all base ingredients into large mixing bowl and mix till every thing is evenly distributed..
- It's best to put small squares of parchment paper into the muffin cups or use paper cupcake cups for easier removal. Hold in either with a thin layer of butter..
- Fill cupcake cups with base mixture. Your oven should still be at 350. Place pan in oven for 15-20 mins. If your not using cupcake cups or parchment paper pull out half way through cooking and run a knife around between meatloaf and pan..
- While meatloaf is cooking take water from potatoes and mash with butter and milk to taste. Place in a freezer bag and in fridge to let cool so thicker..
- When cool use bag to pipe mashed potatoe mix onto a flat shallow pan into swirls like icing on a cupcake. Let set in fridge till needed..
- Pull muffins tin from oven and let cool. Place bottoms on same flat shallow pan as the tops removing them as you put the bottoms down and place tops on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese of your choosing and bake again on 350 till desired cheese is baked on..
- Serve with beans or carrots on the side. Two to a person. Double the batch if you want thicker bottoms..
- Add chives or bacon bits to the top as fun sprinkles if desired!.
One of my favorite childhood dishes was my mother's meatloaf pie. I didn't believe her the first time she made it and I asked what we were having for dinner. But, I'd rather make cupcakes (or cookies or pancakes). In order to make us both happy I combined the two and created Meatloaf Cupcakes! They're guaranteed to convince your man he needs more.