Meatloaf Cupcakes. These Meatloaf Cupcakes are fast and easy to make and are freezer friendly. These cute little meatloaf cupcakes are irresistible to kids - big and small. Keywords: healthy meatloaf, meatloaf cupcakes, Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting, turkey meatloaf, turkey meatloaf with zucchini.
After savoring these meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato "icing," you may never make meatloaf the same way again. These mini-meatloaf cupcakes cook much faster than regular meatloaf which can take up to an hour or more. They also are easier for quick freezing or defrosting, packing for lunches, or taking on-the-go. You can have Meatloaf Cupcakes using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Cupcakes
- It's 1 lbs of Ground Beef.
- You need 2/3 Cup of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Milk.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp. of Worcester Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Sleeve Ritz Crackers.
- It's of Shredded Cheddar.
- It's of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Finely Shredded Mozzarella.
- It's 2 cups of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need of Pink & Purple Food Coloring.
- It's of Cupcake Liners.
Set oil-sprayed cupcake liners in a muffin and fill with meatloaf mixture. Smooth tops so that they are flat. These vegan mini meatloaf cups-low in calories and made with wholesome ingredients-are a I like to mix tahini into the ketchup to spread on top of the cupcakes. If you haven't tried combining tahini.
Meatloaf Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I used prepackaged mashed potatoes for the "icing" so heat up the potatoes in the microwave and add two drops of food coloring to each bowl. Put them aside to thicken and set..
- Begin preparing the meat. Add the beef, ketchup, milk, worcester sauce, egg, crackers and cheddar into a bowl and press everything together with your hands. Season with salt and pepper. Prepare a cupcake tin by filling it with paper or foil liners..
- Scoop the meat into the liners. Press the meat all the way downwards into a cupcake shape..
- Bake for 30 min. As you can see in the pic, the meatloaf might stick to the papers and they will lose their shape. They can easily be taken out and repapered into new liners. As you take them out, I would recommend patting the oil off the "cupcakes" with paper towels before placing them in the new liners..
- After they are in the new liners, you can begin to ice them with the mashed potatoes..
- You can put anything on top from bacon to gravy or chives, but I was going for a more authentic cupcake look so I added finely shredded mozzarella to look like coconut..
- Heat and serve!.
One of my favorite childhood dishes was my mother's meatloaf pie. I didn't believe her the first time she made it and I asked what we were having for dinner. But, I'd rather make cupcakes (or cookies or pancakes). In order to make us both happy I combined the two and created Meatloaf Cupcakes! They're guaranteed to convince your man he needs more.