SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding). Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, Shahi Tukra is a rich bread pudding with dry fruits, flavored with cardamom. It's simple to make and a great dessert for times when you're in a hurry. Shahi Toast is rich bread pudding.
Made by deep frying the bread, soaking it in sugar syrup, and then drizzling it with thick luscious rabdi, this Hyderabadi delight is one of the best yet easy to make Indian desserts. Here's how to make it at home. Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, shahi tukra is an Indian bread pudding with dry fruits and flavored with cardamom. You can cook SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding)
- Prepare 7 of bread cut triangles (toasted it with or without ghee).
- Prepare (2 cups milk few saffron strings) of Cream milk.
- Prepare 2 of cardamom.
- It's 1 tbsn of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsn of cornflour dissolved with milk.
- Prepare of Sugar syrup:.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar (can add less).
- Prepare 1 cup of water few strings.
- It's of Saffron,.
- Prepare 2 of cardamom and pinch of yellow colour.
- Prepare of Mawa milk:.
- Prepare 1 tbsn of ghee.
- It's 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsn of milk powder.
- You need 1 tbsn of cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
It's simple to make and a great dessert for times when you're in a hurry. This Indian dessert is a Mughlai favorite that combines fried bread slices soaked in hot milk and spices. Shahi Tukda means a Royal Piece (of bread, royal because of the use of expensive dry fruits and spices). This desert has origins from Mughlai Cuisine but apparently it has made its way to Indian kitchen due to the usage of common Indian spices and nuts.
SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding) step by step
- Make the sugar syrup with the above ingredients for sugar syrup. Now make cream milk(like custard) boil 2 cup of milk with saffron, cardamom, sugar then add the dissolved cornflour and mix well till little thick and creamy..
- Now make mawa milk... heat ghee on the pan and add milk, let it boil.. now mix milk powder, then add cream and sugar and mix.remove from heat..
- ASSEMBLE the toasted bread in deep dish, coat the bread with warm sugar syrup (all syrup)now pour the warm cream milk..
- Now with spoon drizzle all the mawa milk, decorate with pistachios and silver leaf(not aluminium foil) enjoy 😊 #newyoutuber #cookpad.
So you can call it Indian or Mughlai desert. Shahi tukda / Shahi tukra is an Indian bread pudding dessert which has its roots in Mughlai cuisine. It is very similar to one of the popular desserts in Hyderabadi cuisine which is served at weddings and parties. Double ka meetha. i personally do not like this bread pudding or shahi tukda recipe, just because i feel it is extremely sweet. having said that, this is my husband's favourite dessert recipe and he has a strong craving for it. i even prepare it with milk rusk or even with normal rusk for him and he even enjoys it. Shahi Tukda is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom.