Hamburger steak. An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in gravy and onions. Traditionally served with hot white rice or potatoes, it's a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef and you probably have all the ingredients on hand! Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy.
You'll find the printable recipe at the bottom of the instructions. It's an old favorite, southern style, comfort. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. You can have Hamburger steak using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger steak
- Prepare 300 g of ground beef.
- You need 2 of onions - 1-sliced 1-diced.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It's of sauce.
- It's 1/8 cup of soysouce.
- It's 1/8 cup of marin.
- It's 1/8 cup of sake.
- You need 1 cup of water.
Add onions to pan and Saute. Remove patties and onions from pan. Put the pan back on the heat and add the sliced onions. The Best Hamburger Steaks Ground Beef Recipes on Yummly
Hamburger steak instructions
- Onion 1/diced 1/sliced.
- Pan fried the diced onions to slightly caramelised brown, then cool it down to room temperature.
- Mix everything together and shape it.
- Sears (around 1 min) all side of the steaks and put it aside for simmering later (the steaks are still raw!).
- Pan fried the sliced onion to slightly brown then add the sauce ingredients into the pan and brings it to boil.
- Once it’s boiling, place the steaks on top on the onions, cover the lid and simmer it for 20mins.
- Take out the steak and pour the sauce on top of it then serve.
Hamburger Steak With Red Pea And Onion Gravy, Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas, Ground Beef And Potato Gratin Lord have mercy…there are just some meals that are the epitome of southern comfort food like hamburger steak and gravy! I grew up eating this meal alongside mashed potatoes or rice, sweet peas, dinner rolls, and ice cold sweet tea. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, crackers, milk, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. One common misconception about living on a cattle ranch is that there's a neverending supply of beef in the freezer. That might be true for some, but because we only raise cattle up to a certain weight here, they're off the ranch by.