Mocha Torte. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Still beating add water and vanilla extract. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
Mocha Frosting: In a chilled small mixing bowl dissolve instant coffee crystals in whipping cream; add sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed just until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). To assemble the torte, level the top of each layer by cutting off the raised edges with a long serrated knife. You can have Mocha Torte using 8 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mocha Torte
- You need of Cake.
- Prepare 1 box of Chocolate Cake.
- It's 2 tbsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cloves.
- It's of Mocha Filling.
- Prepare 1 packages of Vanilla pudding mix ( instant ).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Instant Coffee.
- You need 2 cup of Prepared Whipped Topping.
Place one layer on a serving plate. Top with the remaining cake layer. Frost the top and sides of the torte with the remaining frosting. Sprinkle the top with chocolate shavings.
Mocha Torte instructions
- Blend dry cake mix, cinnamon and clove and large mixing bowl. Prepare cake according to package directions. Divide better into 3, 8" cake pans (round). Bake, remove from oven Let stand 15 minutes. Immediately turn out on cake rack and cool. Filling: Blend dry pudding mix and coffee into an 1 quart bowl, prepare pudding according to pkg. directions. Let stand 20 minutes to set. Gently fold pudding into whipped topping. Fill layers and frost top of Mocha Torte, using 1/3 of filling for each layer. Garnish w/ shaved semi-sweet or unsweetened chocolate. Refrigerate until ready to serve..
Mom's note says she got this one from Mrs. I think I need to warn you that I'm kind of flying blind on this one. I found a couple of pictures that may be representative and Mom's directions are kind of cryptic. I will share a picture of the recipe so you can see it, too. I've examined some other Mocha Torte Recipes to Instructions.