Awesome oven cooked brisket with coffee rub. Coffee is like fruit and acts as a tenderizer. For this recipe, the ground coffee I use is Door County Coffee. Their maple flavor coffee is an awesome addition to the coffee rub.
It's everything you want in a good smoked brisket - intense, smoky flavor combined with a deep, earthy kick from the delicious coffee rub. If given the chance, I'd eat brisket for dinner every day. See great recipes for Awesome oven cooked brisket with coffee rub too! You can have Awesome oven cooked brisket with coffee rub using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Awesome oven cooked brisket with coffee rub
- Prepare 3 1/2 lb of beef brisket.
- It's 3 cup of beef broth.
- It's 3 cup of brewed black coffee.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worcestershire.
- It's 1 medium of jalapeño.
- You need 1 large of white or yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic (minced).
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of oil.
- You need of rub.
- You need 1/2 cup of ground chipotle.
- You need 1/3 cup of ground coffee.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
Place the brisket, fat cap up, in the middle of aluminum foil prepared in the roasting pan. Bring the aluminum foil together and close it, covering the brisket loosely, leaving a little space between the brisket and the foil. This oven brisket recipe is reminiscent of barbecue brisket, without the grill. The coffee is a simple addition that adds depth and richness.
Awesome oven cooked brisket with coffee rub step by step
- preheat oven to 300.
- cut onion into skinny strips, mince garlic, and slice jalapeños.
- heat oil in skillet on stove, add half garlic.
- mix chipotle, coffee, pepper, and salt and rub over brisket. cook brisket in skillet 4-5 minutes per side.
- remove brisket, re rub with brown sugar. layer onions and jalapeño slices on bottom of oven safe 13" by 9" pan. place brisket on top. mix the beef broth and Worcestershire with the remainder of rub, brown sugar and garlic. pour over top of brisket. pour coffee into pan until liquid reaches hallway up on the brisket. put some of the onions and jalapeños on top of brisket.
- cover pan with tin foil and place on middle rack in oven. cook for 3 1/2 hrs, flipping brisket over ( recovering with onions and jalapeños) half way through..
- remove brisket and let sit for 25- 30 minutes. drain remainder of pan into colander and shake rub remnants and liquid off of the onion and jalapeño mix. use as garnish for brisket.
After trying this recipe, I started adding coffee to many of my roasts. Nothing Beats a Good Smoked Brisket! This recipe came together when we scored some amazing briskets on sale at the local grocery store. I decided to try a new dry rub on it and toss it in the smoker, since almost everything tastes better smoked (in my humble opinion). The dry rub that I used on this.