Easy French Bread.
You can have Easy French Bread using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy French Bread
- You need 3 cups of bread flour.
- It's 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar or honey.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 2 of and 1/4 teaspoon yeast.
- It's of ×× can double recipe ××.
Easy French Bread step by step
- Dissolve sugar in warm water. Add yeast and allow to foam..
- Mix flour, salt and add to yeast mixture. Add oil and stir..
- Knead with stand mixer or by hand until dough comes together in a smooth ball. About 5 to 7 minutes. If to sticky add flour a little at a time..
- Grease a bowl with oil and turn dough around to coat. Let rise until double in size. About an hour..
- Punch down dough and roll into rectangle like making jelly roll..
- Roll up like jelly roll and tuck under ends. Place seam side down on baking sheet or in loaf pan that has been oiled..
- Cut slits across top. Brush with egg wash for shinier crust..
- Allow to rise until doubled again. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped..
- Remove from loaf pan or cool on baking rack. Brush with butter. I like adding garlic and parsley..