Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread.
You can cook Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread
- Prepare 1 of kabocha squash, cubed.
- Prepare 5 cups of organic kamut, freshly milled.
- You need 5 cups of organic spelt, freshly milled.
- It's 2 cups of sourdough starter.
- It's 2 cups of Greek yogurt or just filtered water.
- Prepare 3 Tsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 cups of filtered water.
- It's 3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of mulberry syrup or honey.
- Prepare 3 tsp of cumin seeds, optional.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of teff or sesame seeds, optional.
- You need 6-7 cup of Organic unbleached all purpose flour.
Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread instructions
- Steam cubed kabocha squash in a steamer for 25 minutes until a fork easily poke through. Cool down to room temperature..
- Mash steamed squash in a food processor or manually using a fork..
- Mix together all wet ingredients and then add freshly milled ancient grain flours, such as spelt and kamut. If you don't have them, just use whole wheat flour or all purpose flour..
- Knead the dough until smooth and your hands are clean too. Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces and place each dough in a pre oiled bowl to proof..
- After about 4 hours when the dough is double its size..
- Knead the dough and shape them into your desired styles. Proof a second time for about 2 hours..
- Preheat the oven to 375F and bake for about 30 minutes. Score the bread before baking..
- Sourdough bread keeps well in the room temperature for 3 days and 2 weeks in a fridge and longer in a freezer..