Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs. In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, onion, celery, relish and pimentos. Sprinkle with paprika and refrigerate until chilled. Very finely (like the size of dill relish pieces) chop the onion, celery and pickles.
In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, dill pickle juice, cream, salt, pepper and sugar. In a bowl, combine egg salad, mayonnaise, mustard, onion and salt. Bring a pot of water to a boil with a little bit of salt. You can have Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs
- You need 3 lbs of Cambray potatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of Dijon mustard (I recommend the one with whole grains).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 of scallions.
- You need 1/2 cup of parsley leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh dill.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Combine mayo, mustard, diced dill pickles, apple cider vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt, and pepper. Place the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, pickle relish and juice into a large mixing bowl. Add half of the mustard and mayonnaise and stir well to combine. Add enough of remaining mixture to give the potato salad a creamy consistency, but not too wet.
Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs step by step
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then cook uncovered until done (20-25 minutes). They’re done when a knife slides easily in and out of a potato. Meanwhile:.
- Chop scallions, parsley and dill (doesn’t need to be too fine a chop). Combine..
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard and vinegar. Then, very slowly (as if you were making mayonnaise), add the oil while whisking briskly (say that five times fast!). This creates a creamy emulsified dressing that makes all the difference in the world!.
- Once the potatoes are done, drain them and rinse them with cold water to cool them down. Once at room temperature, cut them in halves. Combine with the dressing, mixing gently to coat them. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add the chopped herbs and scallions, combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and bask in its beauty!.
- Serve and enjoy! (a nice cold beer is an excellent pairing).
Add salt and pepper, adjusting to taste if needed. In a bowl, combine celery, onion,. Mediterranean-style mustard potato salad with fresh dill, parsley, red onions and capers. The key to this potato salad is to dress the boiled potatoes while they’re hot with the Dijon mustard dressing, this way, they will better absorb all the flavors. And for best results, allow the potato salad some time to marinate before serving.