Hi, Slow Cooker Crack Chicken has everything that is great and addicting in it! Filled with bacon, cream cheese, cheese, and ranch dressing mix.
I finally want to trying this Slow Cooker Crack Chicken recipe. My neighbor let me know about this crack chicken, though she makes hers in her instant pot.
How to make Crack Chicken
I begin with chicken thighs instead of breasts. I feel the legs have more moisture, and the overall dish turns out great. I also only use one ranch packet to cut back on the sodium.
- Four chicken breasts
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- Original Ranch®
- One packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning, Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix Packet
- Hot sauce, to taste
Step by Step
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low temperature setting for 6 to 8 hours, or on high temperature for 4 to 6 hours, or until chicken reaches an inner temperature of 165°F or 73°C.
Shred the chicken and mix all ingredients until mixed.
What to serve this with
- Add a salad on the side with any of the under options
- Eat it as is if you are on a low-carb or keto diet
- Over white rice (my favorite option)
- Over-toasted hamburger buns
- With crackers; serve as a dip
- Inside of baked potatoes
- Mashed potatoes
The ideas are limitless on how to serve this crack chicken. You could make it a several way every week!