Ripe tomatoes add freshness and flavor to this succulent seafood soup.Sopa de mariscos
The ingredient of Sopa de mariscos (Spanish seafood soup)
- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 1.5L (6 cups) fish stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh red chili, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 650g ripe truss tomatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 400g skinless firm white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 250g peeled green prawns, tails intact, deveined
- 1 (about 180g) cleaned squid tube, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
The instruction of how to make Sopa de mariscos (Spanish seafood soup)
- Soak saffron in stock for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, chili, and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the wine and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until the liquid evaporates. Add stock mixture and tomato. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish, prawns, and squid. Cook for 5 minutes or until seafood is just cooked through. Stir in lemon juice. Season. Sprinkle with parsley.